[CQ-Contest] FQP

Subject: [CQ-Contest] FQP
From: wbarby@telus.net (Wilf Barby)
Date: Sun May 5 17:51:05 2002
Y'all won't believe this , but.....I lost all the files for FQP in TRLog!
While I only made 105 contacts, it seems that was a fairly good
score for about 4 hours work and the shape the bands were in
at VE7QO.

I was going to be smart and make a Cabrillo file, got as far as the
log.cbr file, remembered that I had forgotten to set the offset time to
7 hours, so logs were in PDT for about 60, then in correct GMT for
 the rest. So I said, oh yeah!..... POST has a facility to rectify this
so I blithely deleted Log.cbr and proceeded to do the POST routine
.
The answer came back, which said, no contacts in log.dat!!!!
Yup! that was correct....somehow, not only the log.dat file
information but also the restart.bin got deleted...ugh!! @#!^&*)X

Sorry gang, no way I can recover the stuff, where-ever it went. Not
a thing in Recycle bin and the old DOS commands 'undelete' don't
work in fancy Win98SE!  So I can't take the SOABLP winner's
place in BC and maybe even in Canada, having looked at all
the scores  drat it!!! 73.

Wilf, VE7QO

 wbarby@telus.net

All incoming/outgoing mail