[CQ-Contest] Re: ANR Headphone alternative

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: ANR Headphone alternative
From: AA4NC@aol.com (AA4NC@aol.com)
Date: Wed May 22 17:05:44 2002
The Bose electronic noise cancelling headsets are (arguably) the best, however
they are also by far the most expensive. Almost-as-good aviation headsets are
made by Lightspeed, and sell for $300 - $500 (microphone included). They are
also pretty comfortable for full size over the ear type headsets. I would
assume that the microphone elements could be replaced by a Heil HC4 or HC5 if
you were so inclined. I have not used mine except in the airplane, so I can't
comment on its SSB audio quality. My VHF/AM reports have always been good.

I've never found noise reduction necessary in my shack. We pilots are basically
already deaf, so amplifier fan noise and the like don't bother us! ;>)

73,

Will