[CQ-Contest] Heil boom mic set problem

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Heil boom mic set problem
From: thompson@mindspring.com (David L. Thompson)
Date: Sat Jun 1 00:41:50 2002
I have a problem with the Pro micro boom mic set.  The button on the mic
swivel went bad and the mic would not stay in place.  Bob Heil sent me a new
button but upon trying to put it on I found the problem was the tube inside
the button.  It had broken off from the button.  I don't see a way to get
inside headset to fix this as Heil recommended.  I showed the pro micro to
two others who have either Heil Pro or pro micros.  We tried removing the
cushion but the headset is one piece and the cushion appears to be glued on.
We tried to get into the headset from the back where the button is attached
but all of us were afraid to damage the Pro Micro.

Does anyone have experience on repairing either the Pro or Pro micro.
Otherwise the other two recommended sending it all back to Heil.

73 Dave K4JRB