[CQ-Contest] CW UBN

Subject: [CQ-Contest] CW UBN
From: n2mg@eham.net (Michael Gilmer)
Date: Sun Jun 2 18:51:14 2002
W2UP wrote:

> There are two ways to solve the 0 point QSO problem:
> 1. Automatically give zone and country credit for all 0 pt QSOs. For
> example, USA gets credit for USA and zones 3,4 and 5; UA0 gets credit
> for UA9/0 and zones 17, 18, and 19; DL gets credit for DL and zone 14;
> etc.

This already looks unfair (comparing, say, the free mults a DL gets versus
the ones a US station gets) but multiply it by all the bands involved and it
get much worse.

> 2. If a N-I-L pattern appears, for example, W3multi was in the log of 15
> other W ops, but 12 of those QSOs aren't in W3multi's log, he should
> be DQed.

A see a huge potential for mischief here...  Perhaps a note should be sent
to the "W3multi" alerting him of the trouble, but nothing more.

73 Mike N2MG