[CQ-Contest] Restoring High Band/Low Band categories in ARRL DX Test

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Restoring High Band/Low Band categories in ARRL DX Test
From: k2av@contesting.com (Guy Olinger, K2AV)
Date: Wed Jun 19 11:27:23 2002
They were done away with to encourage more participation on the low
bands. It was thought that the ubiquitous tribander in concert with
the high band category was keeping the little guys off the low bands.

The WPX tribander/wires category is a partial answer to this that
suits the little guy.

Also, why NOT allow an entrant to submit more than one single band
entry. What harm does that do? Takes a very skilled contester to max
out two different bands.