[CQ-Contest] Field Day and please copy

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Field Day and please copy
From: thompson@mindspring.com (David L. Thompson)
Date: Wed Jun 26 12:11:14 2002
I talked with Georgia ARES/NTS personnel and the phrase "please copy" did
not come from them.
They all noticed this too.

The ball is in out court as contesters to get to the clubs and help them
train their operators in good techniques.   Most of the field day operators
are not contesters and welcome advice as they want to improve the club
score.   I told the SEC that even a slow op could add 5 or 10 QSO's per hour
if they followed good procedures.   I was told that many of the young
operators were given a script to follow
in making QSOs.   One YL (she is now a General) at a local club made over
500 SSB QSOs following a script last year.

Field Day is a great opportunity for contesters to make an impact and train
new contesters.  Its a big weekend for many clubs.   You might even learn
something!

73 Dave K4JRB