[CQ-Contest] W7GG/IARU/ Fire

Subject: [CQ-Contest] W7GG/IARU/ Fire
From: bob.wruble@verizon.net (Bob Wruble)
Date: Wed Jul 17 09:59:40 2002
Many of you have sent me notes after reading Ken's (K7ZUM) account of =
our
adventuire during the IARU test.  Thanks to all for their thots and =
concerns.

In the end my radio QTH was spared by the fast moving forest fire that =
hit
our area in Centrsl Oregon last Saturday during the IARU test.  As in =
most=20
forest fires wind speed and direction plays a big role in who is hit or =
missed.

As Ken pointed out we were told to evacuate Saturday afternoon right in =
the=20
middle of the IARU event.  At that time it looked like we were in for it =
but were=20
spared.  I'm going back to the radio QTH this weekend to start re =
setting up=20
the station. =20

Once again thanks to all for their kind wishes,
de Bob, W7GG, Ai7b, WW7OR

multipart/mixed
  multipart/alternative
    text/html