[CQ-Contest] Re: Non-line score coverage in QST

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: Non-line score coverage in QST
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Thu Jul 25 09:59:51 2002
At 09:39 PM 7/24/02 -0500, Kelly Taylor wrote:
>As the author of the 2001 SS Phone writeup, my behind the scenes work with
>such ARRL luminaries as K1RO, NT1N, N1BKE and N1ND suggests a strong
>commitment to making line score-free results work for everybody. I support
>the efforts to move line score coverage to the Web (where it can be MUCH
>more valuable to the people who actually care about them) and increase
>non-line score copy in QST, where it can be much more interesting to the
>people who don't care about line scores.

Kelly, this is exactly the sort of reassurance we are looking for, and that
was strikingly absent from reports on the Board meeting.  If there had been
direction to ARRL staff to "increase non-line score copy in QST," as there
was in the case of the Section News, then I would have zero complaint about
the outcome.  Perhaps one of those ARRL luminaries would offer a statement
of ARRL's intentions in this respect, and put the issue to rest (except, of
course, for the requirement that we get busy writing).

73, Pete N4ZR

Check out the World HF
Contest Station Database at
www.pvrc.org