[CQ-Contest] Re: QST Line Scores

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: QST Line Scores
From: swca@swbell.net (Mark Beckwith)
Date: Fri Jul 26 10:15:53 2002
Zack asked:

> Yes, but can they string up a 40 meter dipole?  Solder parts onto a PC
> poard? (I won't even say surface-mount IC's.)  Replace a water pump on an
> Intrepid? (I replaced a water pump on a 1963 Chevy when I was 16, but
> replacing one on an Intrepid may well be impossible :-)

Well, one of them can put up a dipole, I know.  He's licensed and has
antennas up.  I helped, too.  I know another one of them can do his own
major car repairs.  I don't know if any of them solder.

It's a good point, Zack, but my comment was mostly aimed at "where
youngsters are most likely to bump into contest results."  I think they are
more likely to find it by random webbing than by walking down the street and
seeing QST any more.

Mark, N5OT