[CQ-Contest] quiet monitor on sale again

Subject: [CQ-Contest] quiet monitor on sale again
From: kg5u@hal-pc.org (Dale L Martin)
Date: Tue Aug 6 01:28:31 2002
> Yep, it is ... just bought one. You might have to educate the
> salesperson a
> bit because the rebate forms didn't print out automatically.
> However they can
> go to the Staples.com website and print out the needed stuff.
>
> The in store price is $159.98 plus tax. The rebate is $80.00.
>
> THANKS DAVE!
>
> 73 de Bill, W1HIJ/6

Hi, Bill.

This is reminiscent of when I bought a brand new ARRL Handbook for Radio
Amateurs at Bookmaster a year or two ago.  Word had spread via the Internet
that the Handbook was on sale for $8.  The price tag was still the original
shelf price.  You had to tell the counter clerk it was on sale--he then
looked it up on their computer system and found, yes, indeed, it was on
sale.

Apparently, Bookmaster/Barnes&Noble puts selected books on sale at selected
and various stores.  The stores don't always get the word and/or they don't
get marked as being on sale.

I've made it a point to ask the clerk to check their network system if the
book I'm wanting to buy is on sale. (don't take their word for it; have them
check their computer system)

73,
dale, kg5u