[CQ-Contest] RF Problem with Array Solutions SO2R box

Subject: [CQ-Contest] RF Problem with Array Solutions SO2R box
From: mark@ilexeng.com (Mark Bailey)
Date: Tue Aug 6 11:19:08 2002
Hi Ronald:

I've done some more research.  I'm using TR-Log.  Jay
from Array Solutions provided a suggestion for filtering RF
noise.

The problem appears to be that the LPT port in this computer
can't drive the STROBE, PTT, CW, Radio A/B and one
paddle (DIT or DAH) reliably in the presence of RF.

I can see the PTT voltage levels varying a little bit on a
voltmeter, following the paddle keying.  This is enough to
cause the PTT sensing in the audio switching to follow the
keying.

The radio A/B select is so marginal that adding a voltmeter
probe to one specific leg of the input circuit causes something
to go into oscillation!

I'm going to try a different computer, with a different LPT
port type.  I suppose I should build an opto-isolated interface...

Thanks and 73,

Mark, KD4D