[CQ-Contest] Truth or Consequences. . . .

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Truth or Consequences. . . .
From: w4pa@yahoo.com (Scott W4PA)
Date: Mon Aug 26 12:51:48 2002
--------------
>>"Please note that as of today (June 19, 2002) that we have not
>>published complete spec and receiver performance data - we expect
>>these to be forthcoming shortly and will publish them to our web site
>>in the near future. Printed literature and revised photos of the
>>Orion will be available in the next few weeks."

>Excuse me, but I'm from the computer industry.  That's where you know
>marketeer is lying simply by the fact that his lips are moving.  While
>I'm sure there are some people who are so loyal to Ten-Tec that they
>would jump at the chance to get an early spot on this waiting list, I
>suggest that
>those "early adopters" are likely to end up the ones with the arrows
in
>their backs.  Personally, I think I'll wait until I hear an Orion on
>the air
>and can read some reliable lab reports before jumping on this
>bandwagon.

>Bruce, N6NT

The "marketing liar" who wrote the text that appears on the Ten-Tec
web site regarding the new Orion HF transceiver is rumored to know
a thing or two about high-end receiver performance.  I hear he even
gets on for the occasional CW contest.  Unconfirmed at this hour...
film at 11.

Scott Robbins, W4PA
Amateur Radio Product Manager
Ten-Tec, Inc.