[CQ-Contest] The great Kenwood debate

Subject: [CQ-Contest] The great Kenwood debate
From: g.m.mcadams@worldnet.att.net (Gary McAdams)
Date: Fri Aug 30 22:40:36 2002
-----
From: Kelly Taylor <ve4xt@mb.sympatico.ca>

> Don't get me wrong. I love my 850. But did Kenwood start turning its back
on
> contesters after the 850? Or was it after the 940?
>
> 73, kelly
> ve4xt

Kelly,

I think that the 940 was the last truly competitive radio from
Kenwood.

I don't know what happened, but the folks at Kenwood have not
been keeping up. There has to have been some sort of decision
made to not go after that market. I don't understand it. They also
have rigs available in Japan that are not sold here. The solid
state TL-933 amplifier is an example.

Why they have decided to bow out is a mystery to me. I have
a TS-940S/AT vintage 1987. I have been looking for a replacement
and the Icom 756 ProII is a front runner. It would be nice if Kenwood
had anything that could compare.

My opinion only, YMMV!

Gary WG7X