[CQ-Contest] best pc power supply to eliminate rfi?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] best pc power supply to eliminate rfi?
From: jjreisert@alum.mit.edu (Jim Reisert)
Date: Wed Sep 4 11:31:20 2002
I fixed several power supply problems by opening it up and noticing that there
is a footprint on the PC board where a filter *would* normally be installed,
usually just jumpered over with bare wire.  About 10 turns of something like 18
or 20 gauge insulated wire, bifilar wound around a torroid would work in place.
Just make sure to wire it correctly (in-line) so you don't short out the AC
line instead!

73 - Jim AD1C

=====
USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.com