[CQ-Contest] 2002 NAQP CW - All Final Claimed Scores

Subject: [CQ-Contest] 2002 NAQP CW - All Final Claimed Scores
From: bhorn@hornucopia.com (Bruce Horn)
Date: Wed Sep 11 07:46:57 2002
Others wrote:
> >> How can there be a HP entry in the NAQP CW results????
> >> The power limit is 100 watts max, or did they change the rules??
>
> >They have not changed the rules.
>
> >Kinda makes you wonder just how many operators turn on the amplifier even
> >though the rules say otherwise.

A simpler explanation may be that the contester selected the wrong power
category when completing the web score reporting form.

On the other hand, some contesters are unfamiliar with the NAQP power
limitations (it is one of the few non-QRP contests with no high power
category). We occasionally receive high power or assisted NAQP log
submissions -- they get used as check logs.

73 de Bruce, WA7BNM   (bhorn@hornucopia.com)
NAQP SSB Contest Manager