[CQ-Contest] SO2R antenna distance

Subject: [CQ-Contest] SO2R antenna distance
From: jeflanders@comcast.net (Jerry Flanders)
Date: Sat Sep 14 17:50:13 2002
For reference:

I have a vertically polarized 44 foot dipole I use on 10/20, and a 130 foot
horizontal dipole 130 feet away for 40/15. I made a quickie 50 ohm
termination for the "other" coax and rigged a diode detector and a meter so
I could roughly measure RF. Then I applied full power on one antenna, each
band, and measured voltage. It varied, but was up to a couple volts in the
worst case. A 10+20 rejection stub on the 40/15 antenna, and a 40/15
rejection stub on the other brought the worst case to less than a quarter
volt, as I recall.  I see no crosstalk unless I tune directly to a harmonic.

No 80 meter contesting here.

I have no filters (yet)

Jerry  W4UK