[CQ-Contest] this weekend: Eu Sprint Contest

Subject: [CQ-Contest] this weekend: Eu Sprint Contest
From: i2uiy@cqww.com (I2UIY)
Date: Mon Sep 30 04:40:52 2002
Are you...=20
--> tired listening to those "@#=A3$%" that park on a frequency CQing for=
 hours?=20
--> tired seeing the people who live in "=A3=A7&@#%" win one contest after=
=20
      another just because they are in a rare country/zone?=20
--> tired exchanging 59/599 without knowing who's on the other side?=20
--> tired operating only 4 hours in a contest?=20
--> tired waiting months to see the final results?=20
--> tired...?

If your answers are *any combination* of Yes/No/Maybe, then the=20
Eu Sprint is YOUR contest!

Join the fun 4 times a year!

Eu Sprint Contest - Autumn 2002
(Download the FREE software: http://loja.kkn.net/~i2uiy/)

ENTRANTS: any licensed station may enter the Sprint. European stations can=
=20
work everybody; stations outside of Europe can work only European stations.=
=20

CATEGORIES: Single Operator ONLY. Only ONE signal may be aired at one time.=
=20

DATES:=20
EU SPRINT Autumn:=20
* SSB: first Saturday in October - 5 October 2002 - managed by I2UIY=20
* CW: second Saturday in October - 12 October 2002 - managed by OK2FD=20

TIME: from 15:00 UTC until 18:59 UTC.=20

BANDS: 20, 40 and 80 metres only.=20
Pilot frequencies are: SSB: 14.250, 7.050, 3.730. CW: 14.040, 7.025, 3.550=
=20

EXCHANGE: all of the following data MUST BE PART OF THE EXCHANGE:=20
a) your callsign,=20
b) the other station's callsign,=20
c) your serial number starting from 001 (RST not required),=20
d) your name or nickname.=20
Please note that BOTH stations MUST repeat BOTH callsigns DURING the=20
exchange.=20
A valid exchange is: "OK2FD de I2UIY 118 Paolo" while "OK2FD 118 Paolo" is=
=20
NOT a valid exchange.=20

SPECIAL QSY RULE: if any station initiates a call (by sending CQ, QRZ?,=20
etc.), he is permitted to work ONLY one station on the same frequency. He=20
must thereafter move AT LEAST 2 (two) kHz before he may call another=20
station or before he may solicit again (CQ, QRZ?, etc.) other calls.=20

VALID CONTACTS: valid contacts are QSOs correctly logged and confirmed.=20
Each operator may use ONE and ONLY one name during the Sprint. If the=20
exchange is copied incorrectly, that operator will receive zero (0) points.=
=20
In case of miscopied callsigns, both stations will receive zero (0) points=
=20
for that QSO.=20

SCORING: each valid QSO counts one 1 (one) point. The final score is the=20
total number of QSOs.=20

AWARDS: Colorful certificates will be issued to the winners of each Sprint,=
=20
and to the leaders in each country. A special plaque will also be awarded=20
for the top three scores from all four contests combined. To be eligible=20
for this award an operator must enter at least three of the Sprints in the=
=20
year. Results will be forwarded as soon as possible to Leagues, magazines=20
and bulletins.=20

LOGS: a single chronological log is required. Please send us your log via=20
email or on a floppy disk, if you use computer for logging. Use any of the=
=20
available software or send a plain ASCII file. A separate summary sheet is=
=20
also required. Please send us the right files: for DL2NBU software, send=20
yourcall.ASC; for N6TR software, send yourcall.DAT; for IK4EWK software,=20
send yourcall.DBF.=20
If you want the latest release of the DL2NBU software, you can download it=
=20
from the EU Sprint web site: <http://loja.kkn.net/~i2uiy/>.=20
Log files must be sent NO LATER than 15 days after the contest to:=20
<eusprint@kkn.net>. The receipt of your electronic log will be confirmed.=20
If you do not receive a confirmation within two days, try again or use the=
=20
postal system.=20
Disk logs, or paper entries must be posted NO LATER than 15 days after the=
=20
contest to the appropriate address:=20
* Autumn SSB Sprint: Paolo Cortese, I2UIY, P. O. Box 14, 27043 Broni=20
(PV), Italy.=20
* Autumn CW Sprint: Karel Karmasin, OK2FD, Gen. Svobody 636, 674 01=20
Trebic, Czech Republic.

Thanks in advance for your participation de: G4BUO, I2UIY & OK2FD.

Download the FREE software: http://loja.kkn.net/~i2uiy/=20

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---