[CQ-Contest] Re: DX Stations in SS

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: DX Stations in SS
From: Cqtestk4xs@aol.com (Cqtestk4xs@aol.com)
Date: Fri Oct 11 08:53:49 2002
While everybody is thinking about how to increase SS participation, you
might think about the idea of allowing non-US/VE stations to make contacts.
What would be the harm?

A good idea in theory.....but let's remember the exchange is not the simple
NAQP exchange. It is a number, precedence, call, year licensed and section.
It is hard enough to get that info from a non-contester stateside helping you
out.  Trying to explain the needed exchange to a foreign station whose first
language is not English is formidable, especially when considering the
intense strong QRM in SS.  I think it would actually slow the contest down

Part of the challenge of SS is having to S/P Sunday while trying to generate
a run.  For phone, the are plenty of stations out there...if you know how to
get the casual contester from stateside to give you a QSO.  It's all in the
technique and it's what separates the top ten guys from the pack.

Sweeps ain't broken.  Some guys expect 130 plus hours the whole contest.  I
love runs too, but part of the charm of SS is getting dirty and digging for
QSOs on Sunday afternoon.

Bill K4XS...SSing for since 1963