[CQ-Contest] North vs. South

Subject: [CQ-Contest] North vs. South
From: aa7bg@3rivers.net (Matt)
Date: Fri Nov 1 07:16:27 2002
"I just looked back, to see what condition my conditions was in" --Jerry
Reed

I hope the sun is nice to us northerners this weekend. The report below
kinda gives me the eeby jeebies!

------------------
From: SKY & TELESCOPE's AstroAlert for Sun-Earth Interactions

 a possibility continues to exist for
additional impressive and dynamic solar limb activity over the next few
days.
There is also a chance we may see additional major x-ray flares over the
coming week or two if the active sunspot complex responsible for this latest
X-class solar flare originated with the spot complex behind the southeast
limb. That sunspot region will gradually rotate into better view over the
next several days, while old Region 10162 will be lost behind the northwest
limb. The area of primary interest will now switch from Region 10162 on the
west limb to the new active spot complex on the southeast limb.

Associated images and movies of this dynamic activity can be found at
http://www.spacew.com/astroalert.html.