[CQ-Contest] ARRL sections

Subject: [CQ-Contest] ARRL sections
From: frenaye@pcnet.com (Tom Frenaye)
Date: Fri Nov 1 09:20:33 2002
It always nice to see someone is sure there is an East Coast conspiracy...

Sections exist because of the administrative needs of the ARRL Field
Organization and any "recent" changes (KP2/KP4, EWA/WWA, WNY/NNY, WCF/SFL) have
taken place because hams in those areas successfully organized and presented a
case for change.   Nothing to do with contesting.

Sweepstakes just uses Sections as multipliers.    Some are quite small (KP2 has
62) and some very large (Ohio has 6483) but it is roughly reflective of the
number of hams in each area.

W7GG: what "new" Section in Canada are you referring to?   I'm not aware of
any.  The Canadian multipliers are the 8 RAC Sections VO(1+2), Maritimes
(VE1/9+VY2), VE2-3-4-5-6-7) plus VE8/VY1/0 for a total of 9.  I think it's been
that way a very long time.

                        -- Tom