[CQ-Contest] Out of Band operating 80/40m

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Out of Band operating 80/40m
From: jjreisert@alum.mit.edu (Jim Reisert)
Date: Fri Nov 1 07:24:03 2002
I don't like it either, but it's becoming an unfortunate fact of life.  As long
as we can listen below 7.040 (or 7.030) and keep getting answers, we'll
continue to listen there.  If we never got answers, we'd be forced to try to
work in the muck above 7.040.

Maybe WRC-03 or whatever it's called will fix 40 meters, but I'm not holding my
breath.

73 - Jim AD1C

--- david.e.burger@au.pwcglobal.com wrote:

> It would be great for you guy's in the US to re-assess your self imposed
> CW/SSB barriers...  Operating split on 7028/7245 (SSB) for one QSO made me
> feel uncomfortable, and while VK does not have any strict CW/SSB divisions,
> operating SSB below 7030 outside contests would be a bad sport.  From our
> licensing persepective, both are fully legal.

=====
USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.com
PGP Fingerprint: D8E2 3D78 339F A7F1 8C13  1193 B5D1 4FB6 79D1 70DC