[CQ-Contest] Re: Eastern Oregon

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: Eastern Oregon
From: w9wi@w9wi.com (Doug Smith W9WI)
Date: Fri Nov 1 23:59:14 2002
On Fri, Nov 01, 2002 at 02:23:39PM -0500, cq-contest-request@contesting.com
wrote:
> I believe the case for EWA/WWA was similar - the growing population centers
> east of the coastal mountain ranges were not capable of being adequately
> served by League officials based in the Seattle area, especially in winter
> storms when some of the passes close, it was affecting ARES operations.
> Perhaps Oregon could make a similar argument, but for whatever reason, they
> haven't yet.

Creating an Eastern Oregon section would probably be the best thing that
ever happened to clean up VY1JA's mailbox in the weeks before SS.

Looks to me like there are far more hams in the Yukon than there are east of
Bend.

Seriously though, it does seem absurd that Ohio, Michigan, and Illinois have
never been split.  As a Wisconsin native living in Tennessee I can guarantee
you travelling the length of Illinois is not a fast and easy trip.
--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN EM66