[CQ-Contest] Spirit of Rules De VY1JA

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Spirit of Rules De VY1JA
From: dennis.mcalpine@verizon.net (Dennis McAlpine)
Date: Tue Nov 5 16:12:30 2002
Jay,
I don't see what the difference is between that and going back and looking
over the logs from past years to see what time, what band, what frequency
and what call a rare section might normally show up.  There's nothing to say
that the same condx will be in effect this year or that the op will act the
same this year as he did last year.

Let me make it a bit more difficult.  A rare section starts having QSOs on a
frequency abt a half hour before the contest starts.  His call and frequency
are posted.  A single op unassisted station sees this and goes to that
frequency and hears the station.  When the contest starts, he turns off his
packet and immediately works the station (and maybe others that were posted
prior to the start of the contest).  Is the guy still really a "unassisted"
stn?

But, thanks for the YT QSO at the start of the contest on some unknown
frequency, Jay.

73,
Dennis, K2SX