[CQ-Contest] Busted calls and Uniques

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Busted calls and Uniques
From: aa4ga@contesting.com (Lee Hiers)
Date: Wed Nov 13 01:59:27 2002
Tree and I have been discussing this privately, but since he went
public, I'll respond in public.

On 12 Nov 2002 at 17:25, Tree wrote:

> As far as AA4GA's comment about log checkers not being willing to work
> with him - I would sure like to know which contest that was for??  CQ WW?

Yes, it was CQWW.

> What specifically was the problem?

I've discussed the situation several times here on the reflector, but
Tree must not have noticed...besides having a life, he's been
teaching computers how to compare logs.

Basically, I had a multiplier removed because the other station
failed to log a QSO.

> I don't believe this is the normal experience for people who approach
> them.

It was in this case.

Tree has, however, assured me that the log-checking procedures have
been changed such that in a similar circumstance today, the
multiplier would not be removed from my log.

That does show progress.  Further progress would include penalties
for the offending station.

The CQWW log-checkers don't claim 100% accuracy.  They're too smart
to do that.  *I* certainly don't have the answer.  I do know that it
doesn't sit well with me when I'm on the receiving end of an
"acceptable" injustice.

73 de Lee

--
Lee Hiers, AA4GA