[CQ-Contest] W9XT contest card and TT Omni 6+

Subject: [CQ-Contest] W9XT contest card and TT Omni 6+
From: henry@summitschool.com (Henry)
Date: Fri Nov 15 23:56:56 2002
I've purchased a W9XT contest card for our club station. we have an Omni
6+ HF rig and a heil goldline for the same. The contest card cable is the
4 pin version for TenTec. unfortunately, the paperwork with the cable does
not give me the pin outs for the TT rig. Seems the Omni has a ground, PTT
and mic line  (the fourth being 4 volts), while the card insists on 2
separate grounds for mic and PTT. I cant understand what to do with the
gorunds- tie them together? (the W9Xt crd says no!)- How , then can I make
this work.
Time ticks away before sweepstakes- Help!
73,
henry, W2DZO