[CQ-Contest] How unique!!

Subject: [CQ-Contest] How unique!!
From: tree@kkn.net (Tree)
Date: Mon Nov 18 08:31:48 2002
On Mon, Nov 18, 2002 at 09:54:39AM -0500, Mark Bailey wrote:

> I understand your points, but I humbly disagree!  Part of the charm of
> Sweepstakes is getting a QSO on Sunday afternoon by walking someone
> through the exchange.  What year were you licensed?  How much power
> are you running?  Am I your first contact?  What ARRL Section are you in?
>
> And then explaining the exchange.  Tell the next guy...
>
> This may even net us a few new contesters.
>
> What do we do with these guys if the painfully acquired QSO's doesn't count?
> And we know it probably won't count.  I probably had at least 10 of these
> last
> weekend.
>
> And, yes, I do this in CW too if it's slow enough...Probably two or three
> times
> a couple of weeks ago.

Well, the data speaks for itself on CW.  There is nothing wrong with doing
this - but hopefully you will be able to encourage them to go work other
people - which will do more to convert them than just one QSO.

I realize on SSB this happens a lot more.  I will post some unique data
from the top SSB stations to see what it looks like.

Let's let the data speak.

Tree