[CQ-Contest] 80M DX window???

Subject: [CQ-Contest] 80M DX window???
From: charley@net1plus.com (Charley Schwartz)
Date: Mon Nov 18 14:34:22 2002
I would give it a vote for "Pro DX" and not for the "Anti Contest". I chase DX
and contest but do stay out of the 75M (3.790-3.800) during contests and out
of the 160M DX window (1.830-1.835) unless calling DX. This is a courtsey to
the other operators throughout the world who are not partaking in contests
such as the domestic US/VE SS contests. It is easy to forget that 1KW on 75 to
a dipole or an inverted vee is much more effective as a transmitter than as a
reciever when looking for a clear run spot. (Thus the "alligator" effect ..
Big mouth no ears). Although the band may seem dead to a station with minimal
recieve antennas it is not dead for the stations who do chase DX on 75 meters
with effective recieve antennas. In my personal  experience the DXers do not
mind vacating either the 75 or the 160 DX window for the major worldwide
contests (CQWW and ARRL DX). Charley W1TE