[CQ-Contest] MS-DOS end-of-life 31 December 2002

Subject: [CQ-Contest] MS-DOS end-of-life 31 December 2002
From: jjreisert@alum.mit.edu (Jim Reisert)
Date: Mon Nov 25 09:15:39 2002
A lot of us rely on DOS for our contest logging.  According to Microsoft's
policies, all support for DOS and Windows 95 ended on 31 December 2001 and
product end-of-life follows one year later:

  http://www.microsoft.com/windows/lifecycle.mspx

Of course, this doesn't mean much, since as long as we have DOS floppies and
PCs that can load them, we can continue to build DOS-based logging systems.

Has anyone experimented with any of these DOS replacements (in a contest
environment)?  I thought that DR-DOS had some sort of

  http://www.freedos.org/
  http://www.drdos.com/
  http://www-3.ibm.com/software/os/dos/

My recollection is that DR-DOS had some sort of networking support built-in.

73 - Jim AD1C

=====
USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.com
PGP Fingerprint: D8E2 3D78 339F A7F1 8C13  1193 B5D1 4FB6 79D1 70DC