[CQ-Contest] 10 meters in SS

Subject: [CQ-Contest] 10 meters in SS
From: TOMK5RC@aol.com (TOMK5RC@aol.com)
Date: Mon Nov 25 17:02:38 2002
In a message dated 11/25/2002 1:35:52 PM Pacific Standard Time, k1my@msn.com
writes:

> And yes you are trying to water it down to the point that
> anyone who wants a license can get it

Argh. Here we go again.

Used to be the only way to get a fuel injected engine was to build one. Now,
most cars have them. Has that degraded the sport of auto racing? I think it
has just raised the bar.

Used to be record M/S scores in CQ WW were in the 4Meg range, now they have
doubled. Did computers, packet and digitally enhanced radios ruin the sport?
I think they raised the bar.

The only certainty in life is change. The hobby will evolve just as HDTV will
eventually eliminate conventional TV. Is this bad? Depends on if you watch TV
much or not.

Bitter lemons are the prelude to refreshing lemonade.

Tom, K5RC

W7 The Tom Turkey

multipart/alternative
  text/html