[CQ-Contest] mobiling contesting...one more...

Subject: [CQ-Contest] mobiling contesting...one more...
From: jfunk@adams.net (jim funk)
Date: Thu Dec 5 08:35:43 2002
The funniest incident in my non-illustrious contesting career:

I had just gotten back on the air in 1987 after being silent for 7 years.
All I had up was a low dipole for twenty meters, and it was CQ WW SSB
weekend.  After being totally disgusted about being beaten up in the pileups
the first night, I put the rig in the car the second night and parked on a
hill near home.  Last contact of the evening:  FT5ZB.  Haven't worked Crozet
before or since!

73, Jim N9JF