[CQ-Contest] Copying what you hear

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Copying what you hear
From: k3ft@erols.com (k3ft@erols.com)
Date: Sat Dec 7 08:10:29 2002
HI!

Seems that if we are to log what we copy.. and we are to copy what we hear..
and we hear
the guy say he's in CA.. we copy CA.. we KNOW it's CA (because that is what we
heard and
copied) but he won't append the proper /W6 or /6 then we can add the /W6 in
good
conscience. We copied him correctly so all we are doing is making sure that our
log
reflects accurately the details of the QSO that we copied.

Plus I figure if the callsign with the /W6 agrees with the state/section we
copied then
that helps the automated logchecking software because it looks for a
correlation between
the callsign and the state/section, I believe.

Of course YOU can always reply to him as KH6DX portable W6 in CA and if he
doesn't
correct you.. then you confirmed what you copied and logged was correct. HI

73
CHuck K3FT
(I'll be /4 in VA for 10M contest and I'll be signing /4 so you won't have to
ask me
where I am! HI)