[CQ-Contest] SS CW YEAR

Subject: [CQ-Contest] SS CW YEAR
From: nat@ajheatwole.com (Nat Heatwole)
Date: Sun Dec 8 14:03:39 2002
> Not that it means too much without having previous years data but of
the
> 1041 QSOs I had the average year first licensed was 1965.  Not a good
sign!
> Dick W7ZR

Dick,
This is not necessarily a bad thing. What's important is the *CHANGE* in
the average year first licensed, *NOT* the current value. Just because
your average year is 1965 doesn't really mean anything other than that
your average year is 1965. What's really important is whether than
number is going up, going down, or staying the same. If it's staying the
same, that's fine. If it's going down, that's even better. But if it's
going up, then I would agree that it's not a good sign.

73, Nat, WZ3AR
(age 19, first licensed in 1998)