[CQ-Contest] Mark V or Mark V Field ?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Mark V or Mark V Field ?
From: snichols@mvosprey.com (Scott Nichols)
Date: Thu Dec 12 13:56:31 2002
Hi all...

Decided to get Santa to bring me a new radio for xmas...Down to a
decision between the 1000MP Mark V or the Mark V Field...

Anyone had the chance to compare these two rigs in a contesting and/or
non-contesting environment? This radio would become my "#1" radio, both
for contesting and non-contesting, but  mainly concerned with it's
performance in a contest situation...

Is there much of a noticeable difference except the built in power
supply and output power ? (except the 25% price difference that is!!)

I have a 1000MP now...Much of a noticeable difference between this older
one (late 90's) and the new MP's ?

Any "non-documented" features been discovered ? (Good or bad)

Any thoughts and impressions would be welcome, technical and/or
operational...

Thanks,

Scott VE1OP