[CQ-Contest] RE: SO2R

Subject: [CQ-Contest] RE: SO2R
From: BobK8IA@aol.com (BobK8IA@aol.com)
Date: Tue Jan 28 20:42:45 2003
In a message dated 1/28/2003 6:26:11 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
kq2m@earthlink.net writes:

> I find it amusing that no one ever bothers to mention that I was the
> first guy who REALLY started using SO2R in every DX contest, back in
> 1985 and won the 1987-1989 ARRLCW by doing two radios before
> it became "de rigueur".

Hi Bob;
I don't know what "REALLY" is, but W4KFC, W9IOP and W3GRF (I think) and
probably several others had you beat by about 30 years! In fact, that's as
far as I go back in ham radio (mid-late 50s) and I suspect they were doing it
before then.

73,
Bob K8IA
Mesa,Arizona USA