[CQ-Contest] RE: Statement regarding the use of BEACONet in ARRL VHF Co

Subject: [CQ-Contest] RE: Statement regarding the use of BEACONet in ARRL VHF Contests
From: k1ttt@arrl.net (David Robbins K1TTT)
Date: Sat Jan 18 11:52:32 2003
Where does it say that spotting nets aren't permitted?  In the general
rules it specifically says that multi-op and single op assisted may use
spotting nets.

And ed, maybe it would help for everyone on this reflector to figure out
what this is about if you explained exactly what beaconnet and
beaconnet-for-rovers is since I for one have never heard of it before.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net

ARRL
> VHF Contests
>
> Ev, you may need to rethink what you are saying.  I just remembered
that
> spotting nets are not legal for the contests.  At one time a club I
> belonged
> to had set up a 'contest net' during the contest, late Saturday and
Sunday