[CQ-Contest] I'm Going to VE1JF!

Subject: [CQ-Contest] I'm Going to VE1JF!
From: djl@andlev.com (Dan Levin)
Date: Mon Feb 17 22:30:59 2003
Some of you may recall that back in 2000, I wrote a serialized account of my
(as it turned out, successful) effort to make the top ten SSB only in the
ARRL 10 Meter Contest.  I got quite a bit of positive feedback on that
article, both via email and over the air during the contest - which I
appreciated greatly.

I was recently invited by Jim Fisher, VE1JF, to operate from his fine
station for the upcoming CQ WW WPX SSB contest.  This will be a major
expedition for me, since I have never operated in a serious contest from
outside California.  I've decided to write up this effort in a similar way
to my 2000 10 Meter effort - although the content will be quite different.
While the 10 Meter story was mostly about planning and constructing the
antennas and station; this story will be much more focused on my planning
and strategizing for the operation of the contest.  I will have the pleasure
of operating a very well designed station that needs only a small amount of
work to be competitive.

If you would like to follow my saga, I have posted the first chapter (a
short introduction) at http://www.k6if.com/ .  I hope you will enjoy it.  As
always, your comments and suggestions are valued.

See you in WPX from VE1JF!

            ***dan, K6IF