[CQ-Contest] New tactic for finding a run frequency?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] New tactic for finding a run frequency?
From: otterstad@enter.vg (Ragnar Otterstad)
Date: Mon Feb 24 21:05:38 2003
It all depends on the other stations expectations. I, too, prefer the wider,
500 Hz, filter, as many stations call off frequency (most commonly 100-200 Hz
up, rarely down. Anyone know why that is?)  I had one instance where I found a
clear spot near a band edge on 40 or 80m, about 500 Hz above a 1-land station.
He slides up and asks me to
move a bit. There's no room up, so I go down about 500 Hz from him. He didn't
like that either. While a band edge is nice, it wasn't worth fighting about,
so I went elsewhere.
Barry, W2UP

Here speaks a mature person !!

This reminds me of Fred K3ZO who never had a narrow filter, except the one
between his ears. After having seen his award walls .......................
Need I say more ?

73

Rag Otterstad    LA5HE also JW5HE OZ8RO
located in Telemark - home of skiing.

My antenna "farm" can be found on HTTP://no.photos.yahoo.com/la5he when you
click on  Radio.

Take a look at: http://WWW.visitTelemark.com

or  http://www.visitnorway.com