[CQ-Contest] Endless CQ-ing

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Endless CQ-ing
From: rolf_salme@compuserve.com (Rolf T Salme)
Date: Tue Feb 25 07:54:54 2003
Hello,

While we are on this subject, I would like to share one
particular experience with you.

When I was on the air as XV7SW on 160 meters some
years ago, I took part in one of the major contests on
Top Band. At that time, we could only operate on
fixed frequencies from Vietnam. The price I had to
pay for those FQs amounted to a about 1 transceiver/year.
Hence, I had only one or two frequencies per band. On
160, my QRG was 1828 kHz.

I presume that you can imagine my frustration when
I had to listen to a station in Europe calling CQ test
on 1828 through most of this contest without ever
working a single QSO as far as I could hear.

To sum up this particular contest, he missed
Vietnam - and I missed most of the other
multipliers.

73,
Rolf
SM5MX, ex. XV7SW, XV9SW et cetera