[CQ-Contest] Re: Callsign Advantages

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: Callsign Advantages
From: PaulKB8N@aol.com (PaulKB8N@aol.com)
Date: Tue Mar 11 14:27:29 2003
I've found a tremendous advantage in switching calls for KB8N to K5AF.  It is
relatively easy to work the three 8 area states, but not always to work all
the 5 area.  I've also found that the call seems to stand out better in
pileups as the "5" is very distinctive.

I think that the W0 call area is probably the most desireable as far as
regional identity goes, as ND, SD, and NE are always in demand.  When I lived
in Nebraska in the 1980s, I always signed /0, and it drew a big crowd toward
the end of the contest.

I cannot tell you how many times I was misidentified as K6BN before I
switched to the K5AF callsign.  I'm pleased with the new callsign and believe
my scores are better because of it.

Paul, K5AF