[CQ-Contest] callsign advantages

Subject: [CQ-Contest] callsign advantages
From: mark@concertart.com (Mark Beckwith)
Date: Tue Mar 11 19:48:30 2003
> Short is not always good, especially on cw if "short" means ending in an
> "E".  Deadly.

The Caltech Radio Club, W6UE, ends in "E" but is quite active and has some
amount of callsign recognition.  We have not found it a big liability.
Other calls off the top of my head would be

W4YE,
W6EE (been a while since Warren was alive, but you couldn't mistake THAT)
K0CIE

There are calls that, well, you just know who they are, whether part of
their call is taken out by QRN/QRM or not.  But, the reason you know this is
because they are on the air a lot.

Finish this call: K4BA_

If it was K4BAM (also common), you'd hear the rest of the "M".  If you
didn't hear that, you'd know it was John.

Mark, N5OT