[CQ-Contest] Callsigns

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Callsigns
From: k1dg@ix.netcom.com (k1dg@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Mon Mar 31 07:11:24 2003
K7BG said:

>-I hope K7DG doesn't get too many errant QSL cards. I don't
>know how active that call is, but he may have DXCC without
>ever even getting on the radio.
>
>Matt--K7BG

After every CW contest I operate from home, my high-school buddy K1BG gets a
handful of bureau cards.

After every SSB contest I operate from home, K1DJ gets cards. The first time it
happened, he sent me a very angry letter insisting that I should try harder to
make sure people got my call right. Last month I got some cards that K1DC
received.

And I won't comment on the whole N1DG mess.

However, I can definitely say that "D" is a bad letter to have in your callsign
on CW, and "G" is a very bad letter for phone.

My first choice of vanity calls way back when was also taken. It was K1AR (not
really, but it would make a funny story).

73, and don't forget - only 1 day until the Poisson d'Avril Contest!

Doug, K1DG
"Denmark Jermany" (or "Denmark Chermany", if you prefer)