[CQ-Contest] DOS Logging under Windows XP

Subject: [CQ-Contest] DOS Logging under Windows XP
From: tavan@tibco.com (Rick Tavan)
Date: Tue Apr 22 13:18:42 2003
Strongly suggest you punt this approach. Put a second partition on your
disk, install Win 98 and run both CT and TR out of DOS windows under 98.
When you boot to XP, it can read your 98 partition although the XP
partition will likely be HPFS and invisible when booted under 98.

Some versions of Windows have a built-in capability for setting up
multiple partitions. Dunno which ones. Partition Magic is a great
product that can do it starting with most versions of Windows. Although
it seems scary and a pre-partition full disk backup is prudent, PM
worked without a hitch for me long after my Win 2000 system was
established. Yes, it moved data around to free up contiguous space for
the new partition and nothing broke.

I can almost guarantee you will have less trouble with the
multi-partition approach than with any of the I/O emulators.

/Rick N6XI