[CQ-Contest] On-line score postings

Subject: [CQ-Contest] On-line score postings
From: discreetly_confidential@yahoo.com (Chuck)
Date: Tue May 20 18:03:22 2003
My 5.4 cents worth (Inflation adjusted 2 cents)

Make it fully and completely OPTIONAL. If you
WANT to log on and make your scores known, then
by all means GO FOR IT!

If you don't.. then don't!

The key here is that the software and technology
were successfully demo'd at WRTC and it worked -
in fact it worked rather well and even with the
bugs that WERE exposed, it provided a rather
intriguing look AND valuable exposure to
contesting.

Let's give it and SEE what happens.  It can't
hurt and if it bombs out (I doubt that will
happen if proper attention is paid to expected
input loading and access attempts) then we can
say "Well! We tried" rather than 'Gee! I wonder
if.....'

As for logging in.. if you want to log in you do
so with REAL callsign and some kind of
authenticator to verify it is you. (Perhaps an
authenticator certificate such as used by secure
sites? IP address? I don't know. I'm not literate
in that part of the computer world.)

THEN once you are authenticated and logged in,
you can CHOOSE to have your log submittal
displayed with a psuedo identifier that would
remain in place UNTIL the contest is officially
over. THEN it would revert to your REAL callsign.

That way you can remain 'anonymous' to the public
viewership BUT you are KNOWN to the site so if
there is 'hanky panky' suspected or confirmed it
will be easy to get back to the station(s)
involved.

Let's try!

73
Chuck K3FT