[CQ-Contest] re: YM vs. OM (K9YO post)

Subject: [CQ-Contest] re: YM vs. OM (K9YO post)
From: sawyered@earthlink.net (sawyered@earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Jun 5 07:29:24 2003
Continuing on with that story, when the ever learning young buck realizes that,
while the technology advantage may be a nice equalizer vs. the lacking years of
experience, it doesn't seem to actually put a top 5, or win, under his belt
(despite a lot of hard work).  Then he says wow, maybe when I get to the
personal level of experience needed to win, this technology is getting to be a
handicap.  Fundamentals, drive, experience, location, and antennas are what
actually win (did I mention antennas??).

Its kind of like the day traders who improved rapidly when the market was hot
and using online trading to catch peaks.  Now they realize all that technology
just helps them minimize their losses on the way down, not succeed in a
challenging market.  That still takes skill, experience, endurance, and a
winning attitude.  Don't think you will be able to find those traits by
pointing and clicking in any of our lifetimes.

K9YO, you sound like a great competitor.  Learn from the true masters who have
actually won (not me obviously, I'm still learning too...).  I've talked to
some and read stories and "how to's from many more, and not once have I heard
how fast you can point, click, and shout be on their how to win list.

Ed N1UR

at 41, and licensed since 1976, what am I Ym-OM????  Probably OM to you and YM
to K4JA and Barnicle Jack...