[CQ-Contest] Sound Card DVP - DX Doubler

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Sound Card DVP - DX Doubler
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Mon Jun 16 09:08:08 2003
At 09:41 PM 6/15/03 -0400, Blake Meinecke wrote:
>Say, how is everyone getting sound card voice keyer audio to a DXDoubler
>box?  Of course a straight-through "Y" connector doesn't work here.
>Opto-isolater, x-former, or something??  A simple circuit described to me
>direct would be wonderful.  Google and list-searches have not yielded
>anything.

I use a simple interface with Radio Shack isolation transformers, together
with a voltage divider in the "line out" line to reduce the voltage so that
it doesn't overdrive the mike input.  The trick is that I feed the mike
audio THROUGH the soundcard -- requires a soundcard that will work full
duplex, but most, including ancient ISA Sound Blaster 16s, meet that spec.

If anyone needs a schematic, I'll be glad to send one -- I've submitted a
brief article to NCJ too.

73, Pete N4ZR
The World HF Contest Station Database was updated 9 May 03.
Are you current? www.pvrc.org/wcsd/wcsdsearch.htm