[CQ-Contest] Blood clot risk identified for computer workers(and contes

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Blood clot risk identified for computer workers(and contes...
From: Georgek5kg@aol.com (Georgek5kg@aol.com)
Date: Mon Jun 16 19:45:54 2003
In a message dated 6/16/2003 4:59:05 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
jjreisert@alum.mit.edu writes:

> The attached article is interesting (though 6 months old).  While it's OK
> "stay in the chair", please get up and stretch every now and then.
>
> 73 - Jim AD1C
>
>  http://straitstimes.asia1.com.sg/health/story/0,4395,172603,00.html
>
> "WELLINGTON (New Zealand) -- People who spend long hours sitting in front of
> computer screen risk developing life-threatening blood clots, medical
> researchers warned.
>
> "Dubbed 'e-Thrombosis', the disorder was reported in the European
> Respiratory
> Journal by a group of researchers who described a 32-year-old man who almost
> died after developing a massive blood clot that formed in his leg veins and
> travelled to his lungs.

Jim,

Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT) is a very serious problem.  People sitting for
long hours in cramped airliner seats have had strokes caused by DVT.  Last year
spent 10 days in a hospital recoveing from surgery, during which I had to
wear long stockings and what I would call blow up plastic leggings that were
attached to a machine that kept pulsing the air.  The purpose of the long
stockings and the blow up leggins was to keep circulation going to prevent DVT.

Many times while connected to this blow up thing I thought that it would be
great for long contests.  I probably imagined other uses as well.

73, Geo..

George I. Wagner, K5KG
Productivity Resources LLC
941-312-9450