FW: FW: [CQ-Contest] OH2HQ site with real time scoring

Subject: FW: FW: [CQ-Contest] OH2HQ site with real time scoring
From: jukka.klemola@nokia.com (jukka.klemola@nokia.com)
Date: Tue Jul 1 17:09:36 2003
OH2HQ website creators reply to DF3KV and others with
rather old web browsers:

> "http://www.sral.fi/oh2hq/ is designed with proven web
> technology, supported by a great majority of browsers,
> even text-based browsers such as Lynx.
>
> IFRAME is part of the HTML 4.01 specification used by our pages and is
> approved by the Worldwide Web Consortium (W3C). If the
> browser does not
> comply with this specification, it is strongly
> advised that the user changes to a browser that implements
> the spec.

So, OH2HQ website cannot be backwards compatible quite that far.

OH2HQ is, like some US stations pioneering and pushing the technology.
Our customers should update the tools to keep up with the pace.

Compliant free web browsers are available in the web.
Examples:
http://channels.netscape.com/ns/browsers/default.jsp
http://www.opera.com/download/index.dml?opsys=Windows&lng=en&platform=Windows

73,