[CQ-Contest] IARU HF World Championship: the personality of acontest

Subject: [CQ-Contest] IARU HF World Championship: the personality of acontest
From: dennis.mcalpine@verizon.net (Dennis McAlpine)
Date: Mon Jul 7 09:56:55 2003
The IARU is an interesting contest for all levels.  Because you can work
everyone, local stateside QSOs count which give you lots to work even if u
are LP.  If the upper bands open, which is unlikely, you can get ur normal
run of Euros like a DX Contest.  Most likely 20m will be that band this
year, and for several to come.  The presence of HQ stations gives you
something a little different to chase besides IARU zones.  If you are
looking for paper, the iARU does give out certificates for minimum level of
activity, e.g. 250 Qs, mults, etc. (Check rules for details).  Overall, I
find it a very interesting contest.  It also is fairly short, e/g/ 24 hrs so
u can actually do other stuff on the same weekend.  Try it.  You will like
it.
73,
Dennis, K2SX