[CQ-Contest] N8SM Memorial Operation in IARU

Subject: [CQ-Contest] N8SM Memorial Operation in IARU
From: n5nj@gte.net (Bob Naumann - N5NJ)
Date: Fri Jul 11 10:05:42 2003
As many of you already know, we recently lost our good friend, Steve Miller
N8SM, in a tragic accident where he apparently fell from about 50' on his tower.

There were no witnesses, and Steve was working alone, so we do not know what
happened.  Perhaps, the lesson to be learned from Steve's early departure is
that you should always have someone with you when you climb.

Steve's funeral was well-attended by many local amateurs and a very large group
of his fellow employees from Texas Instruments.  His wife has a blanket of
flowers made with Steve's callsign spelled with roses.

At the request of N8SM's XYL, Mindy, several of us will activate Steve's
station for the last time in the IARU tomorrow morning for about 1 hour on CW
only.