[CQ-Contest] DX Doubler vs. TS-930: Audio Feedback Solved

Subject: [CQ-Contest] DX Doubler vs. TS-930: Audio Feedback Solved
From: tavan@tibco.com (Rick Tavan)
Date: Sun Jul 13 20:04:36 2003
If you are having problems with a TS-930 and the Top Ten Devices DX Doubler,
check out their new app note:

http://www.qth.com/topten/apnote12.htm

Dave N3RD and George W2VJN of Top Ten were very helpful when I reported a
rather bizarre problem of false VOX triggering and audio feedback in the TS-930
when it was NOT selected as the current TX rig. The fix (one resistor) is
surprisingly simple to apply thanks to fortuitous placement of pins on their
connector.

If you apply this fix, don't forget it's in there in the event that you
rearrange your station! I put a placard (well, a Post-It) on the lid of the DXD.

/Rick N6XI